Initial Ideas
Having very little
prior knowledge of Liverpool, I decided to carry out a large amount
of research into its history. Naturally this research lead me to the
Beatles and the Hillsborough disaster. I felt, however that both of
these topics already have an extensive body of work dedicated to
them, and that I would not be able to produce any new or interesting
insights into them. I therefore decided to alter my approach to
researching Liverpool and called a friend who is currently living
there in order to obtain a first hand insight into the city. This
unearthed multiple ideas, one of the best being a 'fly on the wall'
style documentary, following the daily routines of two local radio
presenters and their passion for their job. Another idea this call
produced was to create a film about buskers; my friend mentioned that
there are many of them in Liverpool. I therefore decided to look into
the topic further, this lead to me discovering that in august 2012
Liverpool city council attempted to pass a legislation that would
severely restrict street performers' creative rights. I felt that
this would provide an original and creative idea for a film and as
such started to write up a pitch.
No comments:
Post a Comment